Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Firsts

Georgie got his first haircut a couple of weeks ago. I learned that cutting really curly hair is hard to do--it's hard to see where you've been--but also very forgiving. He hated it. As you can see, his hair really needed some trimming! Owen was our photographer.
Before...

During...



Right after...

Some time after...(can you tell where I missed some spots?)


Georgie also decided to start walking last weekend when Grandma Spencer was here! He has quite the cheering squad in his brothers and he sure put on a show for them. It is very cute to see him letting go of whatever he's holding on to, give us a grin, and head off into the wide blue yonder. It takes guts to learn to do something like that! It has given me an opportunity to encourage Tommy and Owen to try hard things also. :-) (I don't have many cute pictures of him walking yet, but hopefully soon I can get a good one. This little truck--you can't see it very well--is a big help in gaining confidence and strength--all the boys have used it--and he also likes pushing the swivel armchair around and around.)




2 comments:

  1. Aaa! he looks so grown up with his haircut! Good work on that. I can't see any uneven spots. Curly hair really is the best for cutting, but I still wish I knew what I was doing. My boys all have the bowl-cut (i.e. clippers on 1/4" attachment for the bottom, comb, cut around in a circle with scissors on top. It's all I know.), and I think they look adorable, but I have the sinking feeling that to everyone else they look like poor neglected urchins whose mother doesn't know how to cut hair. (Quite true.) So---how do you do it? All with clippers? How do you know what length, etc.?

    Also: what on earth are these leprechaun traps? I've never heard of them. Let alone set any. St. P. D. is a neglected holiday at our house too.

    ReplyDelete