I have a ton of catching up to do! I somehow forgot to mention the violin recital that we held the beginning of June. I had it in Raymond, and students came from Magrath, Lethbridge, and Raymond to participate. It was a really nice evening for me. I like recital time because I can truly relax and enjoy listening to my students without analyzing their playing so much. It was rewarding to have the boys participate this year. They worked hard to memorize their pieces and their duets were really well-done. 
At the end of June William and Ryrie had their Grade Two Royal Conservatory piano exams. They had all their pieces and scales memorized and they were really well-prepared, thanks to their wonderful teacher, Nana, and tons of hard work and long hours. Will's score was 89, Honors, and Ry's was 92, Honors with Distinction. They were pretty relieved when it was over--they were nervous--and they said it went better than they thought. I think they had a great examiner. She made them feel comfortable and at home, and she was super-complimentary. I appreciated that a lot, and feel that it really helped them have a positive experience. As a reward, Nana bought them a Harry Potter movie book to learn some pieces out of. And I took them to Marble Slab...that delicious ice cream parlor of fun.
Those look like excellent ice creams!
ReplyDeleteI was just going to say that something is wrong with the fact that we haven't traveled to said ice cream parlor...
ReplyDelete